28 weeks 2 days checkup with maternity doctor

We had a check up with my maternity doctor this morning.

Other than my kidney issue – hydronephrosis (which she just told me to bear with the pain and wait till the birth lol),
everything seems to be going very well.

My blood pressure is still good and I haven’t gotton swollen feet yet….

As for the twins,

Baby A’s heart rate was 150
and
Baby B’s heart rate was 160.

Baby B always has a higher rate!

At the OB’s ultrasound appointment last week,
Baby A was breech and Baby B was lying across on top of Baby A’s head.

Today, the doctor felt my belly and found out Baby B has moved to the right side of Baby A, probably head down.
Baby A might be still be breech or head down…. it was harder to tell, she said.

So for now they seem to be side by side.

My babies were measuring almost 3Lbs each last ultrasound already!!
They are much larger than average! So they might run out of room to turn around soon… They seem to be growing well, but my weight gain has been paused for a few weeks now…. hmmm

Anyhow,

my doctor seems to think I can probably go as far as 37 weeks as long as I keep taking it easy.
Yay that’s good news! Stay in there babies!!!

but it seems like a long time from now!

I don’t know what to do with myself. There is still like two months to go?

I wish I didn’t have this kidney pain so I could drive and go shipping etc…. Time goes by very slowly when I’m stuck at home. Oh well, I will enjoy this quiet time while I can 🙂
That’s why I started blogging and I love it!

I love reading other people who had gone through similar situations 🙂 Very encouraging!!

Have a nice day!
bye!

9 thoughts on “28 weeks 2 days checkup with maternity doctor

1. juliaemcross says:

Good job growing those babies! Twin pregnancy is so hard and harder when you’re stuck at home. Watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix was fun for me the last couple weeks, so I recommend doing that if you haven’t seen it! Keep up the good work 🙂

2. mommyoftwinja says:

Thank you!! yes Netflix is a great idea!! ok i will look for that show 🙂 by the way your twins are sooooo cute 🙂 will look forward to reading your journey with them!

Liked by 1 person

3. thepeepsmama says:

It’s interesting that you haven’t gained much weight recently. I also haven’t gained much over the past month maybe half a pound a week compared to the 2 pounds a week I was gaining during the second trimester. I think I’m starting to gain more again as the babies keep on growing! Hang in there with the pain and I hope the time on bed rest flies by for you!

Liked by 1 person

4. mommyoftwinja says:

Thank you for your comment! I guess I had a growth spurt in second trimester too. I am so glad to have found someone who is going through twin pregnancy at the same time as me! 🙂 It can get lonely and scary when I cannot find much information on twins in pregnancy books I own.

5. Okayest Mom says:

Bedrest is rough. I had a two-year-old when I was on bedrest with my twins, but it all worked out. I made it to 38 weeks and they were ENORMOUS. (7.5 lbs each!) Hang in there. You’ll do great!

6. mommyoftwinja says:

Wow!!! 7.5lbs each?! Thats great though that you made it to 38weeks! yes bedrest is totally worth it if it means they stay on there longer 🙂 My twins were measuring three weeks bigger than average singleton baby… so I am nervous that my babies will be big babies too… hehe

Liked by 1 person

7. Okayest Mom says:

Yep, fifteen pounds of baby! I gained 80 lbs, as per doctor’s orders, and have lost it all. I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging, but I really could have used good news like that from another twin momma when I was on bed rest! So I’m your voice of optimism today.

Liked by 1 person

8. mommyoftwinja says:

Awwww thank you sooooo much. This is exactly why I started my blog and started searching for twin moms’ blogs 🙂 I felt so lonely because pregnancy apps and books don’t have anything on twin pregnancies except for it stating that it’s “risky”. Thank you for your encouragement. your kids are so cute! good luck with being a busy mom of three!!

Liked by 1 person