Hi there. The leaves have turned, and some fallen. It is beautiful and I love autumn. We have gone for a walk with our boys and it is so cute how fascinated they are with coloured leaves and fallen acorns and pine cones. Next on our to-do list is to go pumpkin picking at a pumpkin patch! Though Autumn is in the air, I still feel like summer just ended. Thanksgiving holiday came and went last weekend (in Canada), and now everywhere I go, I see Halloween decorations; some places have already started Christmas decorations!
My husband and I love pumpkin pie, so I usually make more pumpkin pie if we feel like we didn’t get enough of it at our Thanksgiving dinner. (the pies are usually purchased for such a big event) Pumpkin themed treats are not just for Thanksgiving. They are just too delicious to miss out any other day! I love squash and pumpkin for cooking too, not just for baking, to be honest.
I often use a regular size pie shell and follow a standard recipe that you can find on the side of pumpkin puree cans. However, one night when I wanted to make pumpkin pies, I did not have evaporated milk at home. I looked in my fridge to see what I could do with it, and I came up with this recipe. I have had pumpkin cheesecake before and knew pumpkin pie spices and cream cheese would go well and I realized that cream cheese is thick enough that regular milk and cream cheese could replace evaporated milk! I was right! It turned out to be the same texture as pumpkin pies but still smooth and creamy like a cheesecake. Yum!
Like I have emphasized in my older recipes before, I do not like complicated recipes. I like simple, easy and fast! I hope you find the ingredients simple enough that you can try it at home as well. I am sure your family will love it!
Mimi Pumpkin Pie (with Cream Cheese) Recipe
- A can of pumpkin puree (398 grams)
- 100 grams of room temperature (soft) cream cheese
- A medium egg
- 60 grams of sugar
- 5 grams of cinnamon
- 3 grams of nutmeg
- 50ml of whole milk
- 36 mini frozen pie shells (2 X 18 shells per box)
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Mix pumpkin puree and an egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into the bowl and mix well.
- Add softened cream cheese into the mix and whisk until it’s smooth.
- Add whole milk and mix well.
- Using a spoon, pour the mix into mini pie shells that are placed on a cookie pan.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pies in the oven for about 5 minutes to let them settle.
- Take them out and you are done!!
*Serve them with whipped cream if you like!
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! I hope everyone is enjoying this season.
Thank you so much for visiting. Have a great day!