How is everyone spending your Easter long weekend?
We didn’t really celebrate this year’s Easter at home (other than me making an Origami bunny and chick!) but I took them to an Easter festival with friends yesterday.
They are still a little too young to participate in a large-scale egg hunt, like yesterday’s event, so we just watched all of the other big kids play. The boys were content just exploring in a big field. Letting them explore that way tired them out, leaving them ready for a good nap in the car.
I have been having a hard weekend actually.
For the past week, my boys have been fighting their naps and sleep so much. It’s sometimes too overwhelming for all of us when they hate going down for a nap now, so unless they fall asleep in the car, they only have one nap a day.
Even their bedtime has gotten much later because they just play for an hour or two until they are (over)tired (they don’t have toys in their bedroom but they can ‘play’ with anything; their blankets, with each other, or just making funny noises and giggling). I sing, rock, read books to them… but none of them seem to work anymore. And to add to their lack of naps and late bedtimes, they have been waking up every night for the last few nights, and when they are up, they don’t want to go to sleep again so they play… for like two hours in the very early hours of the morning! It is exhausting. I know this is just another sleep regression phase, and it will pass, but it’s very hard. Just like when they had trouble sleeping at around 8-11 months with crawling and walking, right now I guess their brains are working so hard trying to understand and speak words. They have been saying “ball” and “book” constantly.
I also think they have way more stamina recently. They are not as easily tired as before. They can run around and play hard but they are not tired enough to sleep.
Oh well. I am glad they are growing up well! 🙂
Something else I would like to mention,
I just got nominated for another Liebster Award from Jenn from amotherofalltrades
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your support and I’m excited to answer the questions that you made!
- Why did you start blogging? – to document my twin pregnancy
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? – I would like to get rid of my chubby tummy… after twin pregnancy, it just won’t go back to how it was before!
- What is your dream vacation spot? – Hawaii, Greece, Okinawa!
- Past or present, who is someone famous you want to meet and why? – I don’t really have anyone famous that I want to meet…
- What is your biggest fear about raising children? – Doing something wrong so they won’t love me back.
- If you didn’t have children, what do you imagine you would be doing at this point in your life? – I would have wanted to apply for a promotion in my job.
- What would your dream job be, and why? – Stay at Home Mom (I am right now, but I will have to work eventually) because I love it…. but realistically, a government job will be nice because it’s secure.
- Do you have a comfort food, and what is it? – rice, miso soup, and chocolate
- What do you do to unwind after a long day/week? – take a bath, have a tea / wine
- What do you love about yourself? – I can easily get happy with small things
I have already done a post on Liebster Award with my list of nominees on there, so I will skip that part this time. Please check out my original Liebster Award post to find links to awesome fellow bloggers’ sites. (I added one more nominee recently – Jess from Smash The Looking glass)
Thanks again, Jenn!
Thank you so much for reading!
I hope everyone is having a nice long weekend.