We welcomed our twin boys via planned c-section.

image

(proud grandpa holding his grandsons)

Everything went very smoothly and the birth experience was incredible. I couldn’t be happier that we made it to 38 weeks and my favorite OB performed my section. She was so excited to welcome my twins to the world!!

I am still recovering and my belly is still very sore but over all, I am doing well.

We were able to come home today!
My stay at hospital was stressful but yet unforgettable and amazing. The whole experience seems like a dream… Right now, I sit in my living room with my cat on my lap and my babies on my husband’s chest….. I feel so…. happy.

I can’t lie. I am very overwhelmed about this big life change though. I am scared.
It is so weird but I even miss being pregnant. I am so thankful now that I got to experience such a great time being pregnant with twins.

My husband is sooooooooo helpful. I don’t know what to do if he wasn’t here for me (us). My mom is staying with us to help us too! I am very grateful for their help since I cannot move much yet.

We are still trying to figure out their feeding methods and I feel very responsible. I wanted to only breastfeed but it got too stressful when each feeding session ran into each other because they were so sleepy while being fed and it took forever to get them to latch. Also, they bit my nipples so bad that they bleed now… so nurses got me pumping for now. Giving pumped breastmilk and topping up with formula is sometimes tricky too… and pump sometimes still makes my nipples bleed πŸ™ I worry because I want them to grow well.
Well, it has only been 4days. I hope everything will work out.

Anyways,
I will get some rest. Good night! (for an hour until i feed the boys)πŸ˜†

0 comment on My boys are here!

1. lovefromleyla
    February 1, 2015 at 1:46 am (3 years ago)

Gorgeous babies. Good luck hon XX

2. jennypittsburgh
    February 1, 2015 at 3:44 am (3 years ago)

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went smoothly with delivery. I’ll be interested to hear how your breastfeeding journey unfolds. I’m trying to remain pretty relaxed about it but it’s still stressful.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

3. Theresa
    February 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm (3 years ago)

Bleeding nipples could be the result of a bad latch. Have you seen an LC?

• mommyoftwinja
      February 3, 2015 at 1:46 am (3 years ago)

yes… it was a bad latch. I had a nurse come to our house to help me with breastfeeding but it has been still challenging since boys seem to fall asleep while trying to eat… so I am going to set up a meeting with an LC soon. πŸ™‚

• Theresa
        February 3, 2015 at 3:45 am (3 years ago)

Mine did that too for the first week or so. I had to try tickling their feet or taking off clothes to get them to wake up. I think I used a cool washcloth a Couple times too. For as natural as they say breastfeeding is, it isn’t easy.

• mommyoftwinja
          February 3, 2015 at 12:38 pm (3 years ago)

yes… very tricky Isnt it? and it takes patience…! but im glad you experienced the difficulty too and I just have to keep trying! πŸ™‚ thank you!!

4. mimsywalke
    February 2, 2015 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations!

5. thepeepsmama
    February 3, 2015 at 4:24 am (3 years ago)

Congratulations! Breast feeding tiny babies is definitely a challenge. I have also been trying to breast feed and pump so we can feed our boys bottles when they are too sleepy to finish eating. I find that feeding them one at a time at this point helps them stay latched (and it’s easier to poke them to stay awake) rather than trying to tandem feed (although that is the goal so we can be more time efficient!) good luck with everything!

• mommyoftwinja
      February 3, 2015 at 12:42 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you! I am glad you are on the same boat. yes… the nurses at hospital made me try tandem feeding from day 1 and it was too stressful for both me and the boys and it ended up taking more time trying! 😩
      How are you and your boys?? πŸ™‚ Congrats to you and your family too!!! I am so glad to know I am not alone on this new journey πŸ˜‰ wishing you all the best xo